Sunday 22 August 2010

Baked with Love

As I have reported here before, my better half is using a low carb diet to loose weight. And while she is loosing it, it really is the exercise that is helping her to shed the pounds. That said, I am still being fully supportive of her efforts and as well as looking better she says she feels better too. Although, as a direct result of the diet she has had moments when she has become giddy. This will be a result of the lack of carbohydrates.

So this weekend, we decided to try and bake some Low Carb Cookies. It was a recipe from a book, and one that I had not tried before. There were aspects of the recipe that I could understand, but with it using unusual ingredients, there were aspects that to my mind made less sense. But the author claimed they were good. We carefully followed the recipe, and as I am helping to teach my better half how to cook, it was really good fun to.

However, this book as I had discovered from previous experience, is not written by a cook. It lacks some details that you really need to know when trying to cook. But we followed the recipe carefully, but the cooking times were just wrong. They took twice as long to bake. But as with any cooking or baking, it really is the taste that matters.

Well, I will not be eating them, nor will my better half as they were not good tasting. I could see ways of improving the taste, but no way would they be low carbohydrate cookies if that was done.

I am just glad that I am not on this diet as it would be torture having to eat rubbish like that.

Well we had fun baking them, and my better half cooked dinner afterwards and that was a good recipe, from another book I should add.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Here is a site where both of you can enter the foods that you eat and see their caloric content. It is absolutely free and I was gobsmacked to see just how high some foods (especially chocolate) are in calories.
You will lose weight if you eat a bit of everything, not exceeding a certain number of calories and exercise regularly. Nothing else works. Fad diets can cause damage.
be well!
http://caloriecount.about.com/