Sunday 13 March 2011

Signs of Spring

Yesterday I had the need to travel down to Bishop Auckland and when I say down, that is very literal as it entails a drop in altitude. I had been expecting a sprinkling of snow as that had been forecast, but there was none. The aspect that surprised me was seeing a few lambs in the fields just outside the town. I know that the lambing season is very close to starting soon, locally around the village, therefore seeing some early lambs was a very pleasant surprise.

After I had done what I had to do, having just missed a bus, I had half an hour to wait. While there, I noticed this male blackbird that was brining food back to a female. They have built their nest just behind the bus shelter. It is nicely concealed but from where I was standing I could observe the bird dutifully coming and going. It helped the time pass very quickly.

Some days just make you feel good and yesterday was one of them.



No comments: