Monday 6 July 2009

Common Murre Nests after 130 years



I was carrying out some research in to Whales when I came across mention that off the Maine Coast there are Fin Whales, and that the Maine coast is a good place to view these mammals. I have probably started to worry my reader in Maine who is now panicking that a Wood Mouse will be turning up! Well I need a dramatic change to my finances before I can do that, so you can stop panicking.

But knowing where some of my readers are, both of you, sharpens my interest in discovering what wildlife is about in these places. So when I heard that on a place called Tinicus Rock off the coast of Maine that a bird that I had never heard of before, the Common Murre, has nested for the first time since the 1870s was news worth sharing.

I think this is the time for my reader to start worrying as I am starting to save my pennies.

No comments: