Saturday 10 October 2009

America Bombs the Moon

Yesterday, Friday, I had a really surreal dream. In this dream I was fully awake and on the news was a report that America had bombed the moon. What had the Moon done to America? Was the bin Liner hiding there? Or was it simply that we have messed up our planet so much that we decided that we needed to start damaging the rest of the Solar System.

The other aspect of the dream that made me sure that it was a dream, was another news report on the radio was that Barack Obama had been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. I must have a really crazy imagination to come up with this sort of stuff. I did think I could contact Hollywood, but it was all far to wacky for anyone to believe it. It had me wondering about that mushroom soup I had.

Then today, when I knew that I was fully awake I discovered that America had bombed the moon and that Barack Obama had actually been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. While I know that I am being deliberately flippant, the reality is that thus far Barack Obama has not yet done anything to earn a Nobel Peace Prize. In fact while I was pleased to see Barack Obama elected and I still think he can do some serious good, but he is not a peacemaker.

This Year 2009, under President Bahamas leadership, America has killed more civilians in Pakistan than President Bush did in 2007/8.

The Nobel Peace Prize has been made meaningless by awarding it for promises not yet met.

On this basis can I have the Oscar for a film that I may make in 2013?

No comments: