Tuesday 2 October 2007

Oh this is Humiliating

Yesterday while walking through the woods carrying a tray of oak saplings I was stopped or at least spoken to by everyone I encountered. Today I was hoping that I would be able to enjoy a quiet walk and while I am far from unfriendly I was not expecting to get recognised. But in the space of less than an hour two people out walking their dogs stopped me and said that they had seen me in the paper.

Well as I wanted to get into the quieter parts of the wood, I headed for the heart of the wood. It was great to just be out enjoying the forest as a beautiful place and not having to do anything. I got to see quite a number of small birds and it was great to just have the sounds of the natural world in my ears too.

However, I had to contact the Friends’ chairman about the tree-planting task this weekend, as I need help transporting all these oak seedlings back to the wood for replanting on the 6th of October. It was then that I discovered that the Rangers boss, Alex, had emailed details of my visage to all and sundry, as well as the important folks in the wood. So now I am the laughing stock of the Forestry Commission.


I may as well make my humiliation complete and here the link:

The Offending Article

No comments: