Thursday 24 April 2008

Copyright Poetry and the Media

Before I moved my Web log to Blogger, I would occasionally put up some poetry, sometimes because it said something eloquent or just reflected the mood of the seasons. However, the web site that I mainly used to get the text from, started to become overwhelmed by advertising. Not only that, but pop ups that you could not close made using the site bloody annoying.

While it is true that I could have used other sites, as I always obtained permission from the copyright owner before using the poems, as I do with the occasional image I use, ensuring I had permission became really difficult. So I stopped posting them.

However, the other day I came upon another Blogger blog that I thought I would share.


And another site that I found

Reading poetry is one of the things that I personally do to keep myself grounded. As more and more of the mainstream media becomes more obsessed with the cult of celebrity and wastes more time stalking people like Brittany Spears while she has a nervous breakdown in public, than reporting the real news, I find that I have to work harder to discover what's really happening in the world. And much of it is depressing. However, reading some poetry and or getting out into the natural world really helps me from falling into despair.

Anyway, I hope that some of you folks enjoy the sites too.

No comments: