Friday 11 April 2008

Sounds of the Wood coming soon

As my reader may remember I was offered a job, of sorts, acting as caretaker and providing environmental support for a consortium of people that had bought some land. On Wednesday I had a meeting with these people, and the upshot of that meeting is that I will not be taking on that role.

The problem is that they, the owners, are not interested in preserving anything. Nor are they prepared to make the investments needed to generate a steady long term income. All they are interested in is making a quick profit. They had wanted to build houses on the land, but as I know from talking to the local planing authority myself, this will not be allowed in the short or medium term.

Further, this consortium keep on rejecting any or all ideas that could work on the land. This could have included building a limited number of holiday chalets and providing Eco Holidays.
I would have been happy to help and even the local authority were willing to back that sort of idea, but that would not have made the millions they dreamt of when they bought the land, at an inflated price I should add. So while it would have provided a great opportunity for wildlife viewing and all that goes with it, I very much doubted that they were willing to even invest in the accommodation I was being promised.

Therefore, I am now able to progress on my other plans. It was fortuitous that on the same day as this meeting the software I ordered (and had paid for), arrived. As I have mentioned previously, I plan to do a pod cast. I have been busy recording material for this, and now I have the long task of getting this onto the computer. Also I will be getting my own website, I still have to build it, but while I have the domain name chosen, you will have to wait to find that out until its registered.

I will be keeping the blog here going too, and I may have a mirror blog on the website. However, it will enable me to share more pictures, videos and other stuff without services like flicker hijacking my material to boost their own sales.
If anyone has any bright ideas of what I should have on the website, I welcome any bright ideas, dim ones please keep to yourselves.


While I now have to learn how to use some of this software, I am excited by the range of possibilities.




No comments: