Wednesday 4 June 2008

Broadband Rip Off

Today on the News was a story about just how slow Broadband really is. While this will be news to people in London, anyone outside the capital will know that this is true. For people in rural locations its even worse. My regular reader will know that I had problems with BT when I moved house and was getting speeds of less than 100 Kbps (Kilo Bits per second) This improved when the corroded cable was replaced, eventually. But even now I normally only get 200 Kbps on a good day nearly 300 Kbps Although if I am trying to deal with Video I will sometimes do it at night when if I am very lucky, I can get 500 kbps That is still only half of the speed that I am paying for.

It is Ironic that this story should arise when I have just posted about trying to help my readers who are on dial up and don't have access to broadband at all.
The get out clause that all the companies use is up to whatever speed you are paying for. Well one of these days I think that someone will get so hacked off with being conned that a customer will take the companies to court.


Therefore, I am fully aware of the difficulties of internet connection. So I hope that my posting of video to this web log is not causing to many people difficulties. If it is please let me know and I will see if I can adjust the settings and lay out to make things easier.


No comments: