Saturday 11 October 2008

Birds on my Feeders

This morning I sat down at the computer and carried out the registry cleaning and other maintenance so I am hopping that this will resolve many of the problems. So my thanks to Nancy for the guidance on what I needed to do. While I was doing this I could see the birds on my feeders in the yard. It is great to see them returning. In the autumn when there is an abundance of seeds and berries the birds ignore my offerings, but over the last week they have returned. Robin, Blue Tit and Sparrows this morning.

Following the maintenance I returned to the computer and I looked up and saw one of the Red Kites in the distance just above the tree line. As I watched, I saw another and another. In all there were seven Red Kites in the air to the north of the village. I did a mad dash out to film them but they were gone by the time I got there. Seeing one is always good but this was brilliant, it brings out my inner eight year old.


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hi Wood Mouse,

I hope that this helps! Let me know!

I'm going on another creek trip tomorrow...three deer were seen in the area today, so I'll bring the camera~