Monday 10 November 2008

You know your old when....

Last night a thought struck me, I have just worked out that I am getting old! Its not a question of not understanding young people, I haven't been able to do that since I was twelve, nor is it that I am suffering aches and pains, I failed my MOT when I was twenty four. No it was making myself a cup of coco!

I had been taking it easy, I had edited some video of butterflies together, and while that was uploading, I was reading. On the origin of species and I will post on that later once I have reread the Darwin classic. Anyway, I put the pan of milk on and checked if the up loading had completed. As I had left the light on in the kitchen from the office window I spotted some movement in the dark. I peeked out and there was a young fox, a vixen I think. Quick grab of camera, but I was to late the fox squeezed under the gate.

I have been regularly putting some cat food out at night, as there has been a Hedgehog coming occasionally, and if any has been left then the magpies or the jackdaws take it so it never goes to waste. I had suspected that a fox was visiting but was not sure, well I will have to see if I cant film her. Or better still track and film her.

Something else that I saw this morning was a moving mole hill. I did not catch sight of the mole, but it was there. While mole hills are a common sight around here, actually seeing a mole is very rare. In fact there was a mole hill count organised and looking back at my notes in March I counted over one thousand of them in the general area.




No comments: