Saturday 12 September 2009

Autumn Returns

Firstly, I did get to attend the public meeting on public transport, but I want to find time to post on that fully.

Yesterday, I had some washing to do, it had reached such a critical mass that I have been expecting UN weapons inspectors to turn up. There is nothing better than climbing into a bed with freshly laundered lining. I needed that as by the end of the day I was rather tired.

I had used the time between dropping my washing off and collecting it, to try and film the birds that are feeding off the berries in the trees. While I could see the activity going on, often the birds were in the darkest parts of the trees so it was impossible to film. However, I was able to film the Butterflies and Wasps that were about too.

No matter what I may set out to film I am always able to find something worth filming.

Today I was up early, I was glad I had gone to bed early, as I doubt that I would have emerged in time had I not. I wanted to go to the HOP Garden, as this was their second selling day. Held once a month, it will help the garden to fund its self. I would love to be able to do more for and with the HOP Garden, but I can not as I just don't have the time. However, I can help by buying from the produce on sale. I bought some home made bread and some chillies. As I am doing a clear out curry, using all the odds and ends, these mild chillies will help add a little bite to the dish.

As we were standing there talking, I spotted a bird of Pray. Had I not looked more carefully I would have assumed it was a Red Kite, but it was not, it was a Sparrow Hawk. What a great sighting. It was to far distant and if I had tried to film or photograph the bird it would have just been a brown blob in a blue sky.

2 comments:

David Beaver said...

It was good to have your support. Hope the bread satisfies!
Thanks for the suggestions.

The HOP Garden

P.S. We have made the gate chicken/small dog proof now.

Wood Mouse said...

The bread went very well with the Taramasalata I had for lunch. A late lunch!