Monday 17 December 2007

Ramblings


As my postings here have been dealing with some serious issues, I thought I would be a bit more light hearted today and share a picture that I took early in the morning the other week. While I know that not everyone who reads this Blog agrees with me about how serious climate change is, one of my regular “tormentors” who must be local and knows me, did try to moderate his language in one comment sent to me. But even as I tried to edit out the F and C words I realised that it was just incomprehensible. I know that the person must be local as he, and I am presuming it’s a he, called me a “Long Haired Freak”. If he weren’t local how would he know that I was a freak?

On the news today I heard that another set of data has been “Mislaid” by another government department. I was trying to chop some vegetables when this came on the radio and the spokesman from the government that had come along to defend, I am not sure if that’s the right word, the government gloried in the title of Minister for Data Sharing and Protection. I had to stop preparing the vegetables as I was laughing so much, he had obviously got the sharing part off to an art form, it’s just the protection that needs a bit more work.

I had no sooner gone back to cooking when I heard that an Italian has been appointed as Manager for the English Football team and his first job will not be to sort out the players, or anything like that, but to learn English! Something he plans to do in a month! Now I know bugger all about football or any sport for that matter, but I would have thought that having a manager who can communicate in the player’s language was a pre requisite.

I had wanted to post some more information regarding my wildlife watching but I have been too busy to get my notes in order. Also I now have about ten books that I need to read. I think that I may just go into hibernation for a short while. As the weather has been frosty all day for most of the last week, hibernation looks like a great idea.




1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Ian, hope you're doing ok. Have a great Christmas and try to fit in some food inbetween all that wildlife watching...
best wishes
Sarah (Hop Garden)

ps has the garden fallen out of favour? I noticed it had dropped off your links on the new blog... not that I'm (sniff) taking it personally :(