Wednesday 12 March 2008

The Wildcast Website

Probably like most people I got to see my first of the mega fauna at the zoo. I was only three and while for most of my family the day is remembered because there is a picture of me telling a goat off that had butted me, I remembered the awe I had from seeing animals like Elephants, Zebra and Rhino. Therefore I will forever be grateful to London Zoo.

From then on as a child I would watch any of the wildlife films there were on television. When I started working in the photographic industry in London, I had the opportunity to meet all be it briefly two of my heroes; Allen and Joan Root. They made two films that stuck in my mind one about spitting cobras where Joan had provoked a cobra to spit its venom so Allen could film it. The other film was of hippopotamus, and they were the first to film them underwater. What was funny was that it was the first time they had ever encountered a fan.

Anyway, as my regular reader will know I am still a fan of watching wildlife films. So I was delighted to discover a wildlife film maker who podcasts via I-tunes. These are short little films of about three minutes duration, but a real treat to watch. I know that two of my regular readers use dial up to access the internet, but if you can I would say it is worth taking a look at the website at least. I will be posting a permanent link here too.


No comments: