Monday 19 May 2008

Biodiversity Week in Scotland

Here's an interesting little gem, in Scotland, Natural Heritage Scotland have declared this week Biodiversity week. So will that mean more Midges? Anyone who has been to Scotland will know that you offer yourself as a sacrifice to these blood suckers! Not that I am trying to put people off visiting this beautiful place, but even I get bitten to death there. But seriously, Scottish wildlife is fantastic. Recently I was listening to a programme on the radio where the presenter was on one of the Scottish Isles and was watching a pair of white tailed Sea Eagles from a hide when not one but three Golden Eagles came into view and she could see five magnificent raptors in the sky at once. To say that I was jealous would be an understatement.



Here in the UK we do have some fantastic wildlife.






1 comment:

tree ocean said...

I love the uk woodlands how they are underplanted with ..bluebells? scilla? so lovely! Here we have ferns and canadian mayflowers, the odd trillium, patridgeberry, wintergreen, and leaves.

I can see how the leaves would act as mulch for ..bulbs? Bluebells aren't a bulb, are they?