Saturday 10 January 2009

Disturbed Peace

So far every day of this year I have seen the Red Kites. This morning first sighting was a delight as I was standing at the bus stop when I spotted one soaring high in the sky against the orange glow cast on the sky of the rising sun. Had it not been that the bus was due I would have unpacked the camera to film it. With the way that events panned out I wish I had.

I had promised myself that I would make a special effort to visit the hides and nature reserves in the area, at least once per week. Well events conspired to prevent that happening last week, but I went to one of them this morning. It was freezing and I was surprised to find that there was already some one in the hide. Not normally a problem but this chap was a talker and with filming video, having incessant chat does not help. Also, he was one of these that are intent on showing all the great pictures he has shot, and even had an album of pictures that he was trying to force on me while I was trying to film.

Normally I don’t, but I had to ask him to hush more than once. Finally I gave up as just as I tried to film a Deer that had come into view he started talking again scaring off the Deer. If I had not left I think I would have ended up being very rude to him.

As I left I saw the second of my red kites of the day, as it glided over just at tree top height. While seeing this bird lifted my sprits, I was to wound up to be settling down to wildlife filming so went back home to do the housework I was trying to escape from.


No comments: