Wednesday 14 January 2009

No Red Kite Today

I know that there will be folks out there that say with Mercury retrograde, appearing to go backwoods, I should not be signing contracts or stuff like that, but I have just bought the new computer I need. In fact I won it a couple of days ago on an auction web site, yes that one, but it was only today that the communication gremlins enabled me to pay for it. So the planet of communication really is mucking things up for me.

I hope to have it by the end of this week, or the beginning of the next. It will be a major relief as this old machine that I am using is really busted. It fries the memory chips (RAM) so is next to useless as this makes it slower than a snail on sleeping tablets.

I am looking forward to this new one, as it should be a vast improvement on my old computer, and much better for video. While I have suffered from more than my fair share of computer problems, with it being the current generation of chips, it really should last.

Talking of video, while reviewing the footage I shot the other day, I was really pleased with some film I took of a Grey Squirrel, so while my wildlife watching was disturbed it was not totally fruitless. Or should that be nut-less?

However, I am disappointed to report that today was the first day of the year that I have not seen a Red Kite. Although yesterday I saw three, so I should not be too disappointed.



1 comment:

tree ocean said...

I hope your computer works out well for you!