Friday 16 January 2009

Oh the delights of computing

Well it should teach me a lesson and not by second hand computers at ARC Boot Sales. Although that Mrs Noah was very nice, and she has had a lot to put up with. Her husband insisted on having a boating holiday, and insisted on brining his animal collection along too. It was probably the animals that damaged the old computer.

Anyway, I now have an all lights flashing new machine. I must admit that I don’t understand why there is this trend for filling computers with neon lights. I am just glad that I had been saving up for a washing machine, so I had some cash to spare, well I did have. Well who needs to eat, I was thinking of going on a diet anyway! I suppose I could pretend I’m on a hunger strike.

Even this was not without its problems, as the heat sink had become detached, so it was switching off as soon as I loaded up windows. Well in my hovel, Bill Gates is a swear word. To solve the problem I had to get a spare part, but it did resolve the issue. But it was like having a self assembly computer.


With half a terabyte of hard drive, I really hope that I won’t find myself crashing the computer when uploading my video now. I still have to load all my software, and as have several programmes that I use, this may take some time. Oh the delights of computing!

No comments: