Saturday 9 August 2008

A Small World

As I had to postpone my supermarket trip on Thursday, I had to get some shopping on Friday. However, I missed the free bus to the supermarket and as I would have to wait nearly an hour for the paid bus service I decided to go to the Metro centre and the Asda there.

While I do like the greater choice there, and the cheaper prices, I really do not relish the crowds there. However, I took the opportunity to look at a location near there where the Derwent river feeds into the River Tyne as the mud flats there should be a really good location for birds. Therefore, I wanted to see if there were any good locations to film from. And yes it looks good, and I also saw some interesting plants that I don't think I have ever seen before, outside of books, I will be going back and soon to get some filming done.

While there is a bus station at the Metro centre, as well as a train station, it is a place where the car is king. That also means that trying to walk into or around this site is difficult. At one point it took me ten minutes to cross one road even though I was on a pedestrian crossing point. I had visions of being stuck in the middle island all afternoon. Eventually there was a break in the traffic so that I could trot across the road, but even then the drivers were not giving any quarter. I wondered how many points was an ageing hippy worth?

There is an advantage to visiting a busy supermarket as I wanted to get out of the shop quickly, so I spent far less than I could have done. But I did get the items that were essential. While going round the shop, it occurred to me that this was where my Ex did her shopping, now wouldn't it be funny if I were to see here there. I think that it is only really the prices, Asda is part of Wal Mart, that attracts my Ex to the store, as it is not a pleasant shopping experience there. Anyway when I left I went to catch the bus, as I walked toward the bus stop, there she was, my Ex was at the bus stop.

It has been some time since I had seen her, and no matter how much time will pass, or what happened in the past, I do still have feelings for her. Therefore, I was glad that her reaction to seeing me was friendly. We exchanged pleasantries and as she was going to catch her bus, she said stay in touch. But as I don't have her phone number, I thought that it was going to be a brief encounter where I would loose contact. However she didn't get that bus and we were able to chat a bit more. I gave her my email address so that if she was only saying stay in touch as a Pavlovian response, it put her in control of the situation.

She did look well and I was happy to see that she seems to be content and happy. It shows that we do live in a small world, to have bumped into her especially as I had just been thinking of her. I have no idea if she will contact me, I hope she does so we can build that friendship that was so important to both of us.


No comments: