Thursday 26 March 2009

The Cats Check Up

I had to take the cat back to the vets for a follow up check up. I have been following the vet’s advice and instructions and that has resulted in her putting on weight. I got told off for that, even though I had said that she would over eat if given the chance. The vet agreed that I know and understand her best, and as she is thriving I should feed her as I see fit. It is good to know that she is fully fit given her age, she still acts like a kitten and as she is quite small people often think that she is younger than she is. Even the vets Nurse thought she was an adolescent then she read her age on the card.


I think it is clear though that she has developed dementia. She likes to be close to me, and sometimes seems to become distressed if she can not find me. Also she seems to forget where her food and water is at times. I often have had her agitating for me to feed her after I have put her food out and I have had to show her that the food is there before she will start to eat. Last night though brought a rather amusing incidence as she was fussing and trying to rouse me, I was asleep in bed. I got up to see if there was a problem and found her siting in the bath waiting for me to turn the tap on. She likes to drink from a running tap, even when she has water in her bowl.


If she is not suffering dementia then she is playing me for a fool. Well cats like playing with mice!



2 comments:

Linda Yarrow said...

I lodged in a house where the owner had a ginger cat called Orlando. He use to drink from the loo even though there was a bowl of water for him. I caught him one morning, it looked funny, seeing a ginger bottom sticking out of the loo :-)

tree ocean said...

glad to hear Trouble is feeling better. :)