Sunday 29 March 2009

How Long is Spring?

Last night here in Britain the clocks went forward to British Summer Time. So does that mean summer starts on March 29th


As it was only on 20th that we had the Spring Equinox and spring started on 21st March that seems to mean that spring is only eight days long.



Well my circadian rhythms are all over the place and the change to the clocks does not help. While I am definitely a night owl biologically, I have had to make myself a Lark due to work and my personal pleasures of wildlife watching. But fighting against nature does mean that every now and then it all catches up with me. So while I have (loose) plans to get out to film wildlife over the coming week, I may just take it easy and enjoy the joys of spring, no matter how long or short it is.


No comments: