Sunday 26 April 2009

Can we have our Beach Back?

First I have to tell you of a story that was on the BBC local news. I had previously found the story at the start of the month and had not believed it as I thought it was an April Fools joke, but it turns out to be true.

In Alberta in Canada, the tourist authority have used a picture of our local coast to promote Alberta. As the province is land locked, I genuinely thought the story was a spoof, but Canada has been helping to promote the North East of England by using a picture of our beautiful beach at Bamburgh.

Personally I found the story rather funny, but some of the people in the news report were calling it a scandal. Now if Canada want to help promote our tourist industry, well that's fine by me. It shows that we do have some fantastic places, and why I love living here. I hope to be going to visit a location close to where the picture that Canada is using to promote tourism myself soon, so can I ask that all you Canadian tourists don't all come at once.

Talking of travelling, I have had to buy myself a new pair of boots. As I do cover more miles than most people, while not worn out I was hearing a squeak from my old pair. It was that the heel was coming unglued, so I can get them repaired but I needed something to wear while that happened. Therefore I got some new ones. These are fully water proof, or so they claim, and as many parts of the terrain I traverse is rather boggy I may just be able to keep my paws dry.

Of course, that could mean that I will be giving blister reports until they are broken in.

However, I am not sure often I will be able to get out over the next couple of weeks as I have other tasks that I have to undertake. As well as these I am trying to get the backlog of video sorted out. I have and am making good progress there, and I really do think I have got some treats for you folks there. But I am just enjoying getting out and seeing the wildlife and adding to my problem by filming more. Robert Burns really summed it up, the best laid plans of (wood) mice...



No comments: