Sunday 15 February 2009

Freedom to take Pictures

There are times when I really do wonder what our law makers are thinking of. That assumes they were thinking at all. As from Monday in Britain it will be a criminal offense to take a photograph of a police officer. This is part of a new Anti Terrorist act that becomes law on Monday.

Now I can see this causing all sorts of problems for Tourists.
Our legislators seem to switch off their brains when it comes to any mention of the word Terrorist. I just cannot think of any justification for this, and I can see many innocent people getting stopped and hassled over this. It makes any form of photo journalism nearly impossible.

This has nearly happened without comment by the mainstream media, but I can see the media getting increasingly upset by this law when newspapers or news crews cannot cover stories properly. We are losing freedoms and rights in a way that would shame a dictatorship.

No comments: