Friday 20 February 2009

Video Is Back

When I bought my new computer, I knew that some of my existing software would not work as the operating system on this machine is Vista. While I could moan about Microsoft and their products, on the whole with this version of Windows, they finally seem to be getting it right. However, this upgrade to vista meant that I could not use my Video editing software.

The software I have is Pinnacle, and I do like it. But to work with Vista I needed to upgrade. About a month ago, I bought and paid for a copy of the version I needed from that well known Auction Site. I am still waiting for that to be delivered. I have had to file a complaint and a claim to try and get my money back.

It has been frustrating as I have really wanted to restart getting my videos sorted out. So I scrapped together the money to buy the software I need. I actually now have the latest version and while I still need to learn a little more of what it can do, I am ready to go.

While, having to get the new computer was a pain, I looked carefully at what I needed for editing Video, and I got what I needed for that. Now with the software I can do so much more than I was able to do previously. I still need to get a graphics card and a couple other components for my computer, but that will have to wait, as I do not have children that I can sell into slavery...

Talking of slavery, I was asked to help a community group as they needed someone to be at a location to accept a delivery of Dolomite and other materials that will be used for creating and repairing foot paths. That would have been fine, but I was told the delivery was happening at five. Not in the Evening but in the morning. As the driver and the owner of the lorry were donating their services then the group had to accommodate their schedule. So I was driven to the site and left there at nearly half four in the morning.

It would have all been fine but the man who gave me a lift drove off when I was checking that I had the right keys for the Gate and the shipping container that is being used as tool store and where the materials were to be put. That meant I did not have my camera, nor my flask or sandwiches, as they were still in his car. Apart from a cup of tea, I had missed breakfast to accommodate the man giving me a lift.

So I waited and waited no sign of the truck. Nor did I know anywhere I could go to get a drink or anything to eat. Had I had my camera I could have kept myself occupied as there was a good number of birds about especially when the sun came up.

I was there all day and finally the lories turned up at five in the evening. After tipping the Stone, I helped unload the timber and bags of sand and cement and all the other bits and bobs. Then as we were leaving I saw the chap that was my lift, as I told him that was perfect timing, one of the lorry drivers said rather scornfully, not really he has been there for over half an hour. No help there then.

I was just grateful that I could get something to eat, but more importantly a drink. He made excuses but he could have helped as he had wellington in the boot of his car as I discovered when I got my bag out. Also I don’t know how he thought that the delivery was going to happen at five in the morning. Even if it had been, I would still have been left stranded at the site all day. That would not have been a problem had I had my camera and flask at least. Well that’s one to chalk up to experience.

It was just with so many things I wanted and needed to do myself, I did not want to have my day or my time wasted. That said it was quite nice seeing and watching the birds today. Nothing unusual or rare, but it is always delightful to see undisturbed wildlife.

When I got back home I had a hungry cat to feed, as well as myself so I really did not want to sit editing any film. So here is one I did earlier.

I was really surprised when I loaded this up to You Tube as I saw that nearly nine thousand people have been bored by my videos.

Anyway to remind us all of summer here’s a little film of Yellow Loosestrife.




No comments: