Sunday 22 February 2009

Northern Hairy Wood Ants

A while ago I mentioned that I had filmed these ants. But as I had a backlog of stuff that I needed to sort out first, my rubbish filing system does not help. It is only now that I have the video uploaded on my computer.

The difference between the speed that I can process the footage is remarkable. On the new machine it takes ten to fifteen minutes to do what previously took over an hour to do. So at the very least I will be able to get my previous junk sorted out sooner than I had previously thought it would.

Well, while I am pleased with the film of the Ants, I was a little disappointed with the quality of the output. It looks as though I also need to get a graphics card to improve the quality of the files generated. That said when I loaded the film to You Tube, I looked at the film that others had put up and I think mine ranks with the best of what’s there already. I know that probably sounds like I am blowing my own trumpet, and I am, but I am really pleased to have set out to film and get more or less what I wanted.

One of the great things I get from filming wildlife, and this has been reinforced as I have been uploading the footage, is I get the same feeling of elation watching the film back as I had when I shot the video.Well keeping a Web log is rather self indulgent at the best of times, but today the Wood Mouse is squeaking with joy.


No comments: