Friday 6 February 2009

A New Nature Reserve

Last night it started snowing again, it was expected but falling on the ice I knew that it would cause the footing to be traitorous under foot. This was the case as I did my rounds of the Badger Setts. I did not see any of the Badgers, there were also minimal signs of activity. They appear to have more sense than does the Wood Mouse.

I was well wrapped up, I have learnt what works and what I need to do to avoid freezing, but even so I was glad to get back into the warm again. As I wrote my notes I was able to watch the snow paint the landscape an even white.

This Morning I was not up as early as I would normally be so when I went to collect the milk, I nearly did not see that the fresh snow was covered with the footprints of the birds that had been in the yard. Had I not been feeding the birds, then I doubt that I would have had that many visitors. Even my neighbours have noticed a steady stream of birds going in and out of my yard. I think that I am going to have to declare my yard a Nature Reserve.


2 comments:

tree ocean said...

I trust you will be exta careful on that ice-it's hard to carry camera equipment on crutches. ;)

Wood Mouse said...

While it may make it harder to carry, I suspect that it would stop wobbly cam becoming my middle name.

But I will always take the advice if an expert.