Thursday 18 September 2008

Geese

Well now I know why my bank wanted me to repay my overdraft. My account has a new owner, I am not worried by it, but I am angered by the fact that speculators effectively killed my bank. I may post more on this soon.

But now, I want to comment on a couple of comments. L, I agree that the comment that I received regarding my video of the bugs mating was sad. With so much that could interest this persons small mind on the internet, why read my web log if your not interested in the topics.
Also, in response to the question from my talking tree, Swans have a reputation for being fierce. I don't think he had his eye on me but my lunch. While filming that clip I was worried the swan was going to get even closer, but when he realised he was not going to get fed he went off disgusted.

Also, I should point out that when I talked of having a new friend, I was talking of the dog. The woman whose dog it is, is twenty years my senior, but as is rather predictable if I talk to a woman then I must be chatting her up. There are some folks in the village that have had me married off about half a dozen times.

Now it strange that Ms Tree should also mention Geese (play X Files tune here) as today I have been on the trail of Barnacle Goose. As Barnacle geese are an winter species it seemed rather early for one to have arrived. Also they normally are found on the west coast and not the East so it was rather unusual if true. That said rarities do turn up occasionally so it was worth looking. But while we saw plenty of Canada Geese, not a feather of the Barnacle Goose could be seen. I suspect a misidentified Canada one.

However, I did see a rarity as the sun came out today. I stood in confusion trying to work out what it was, but then I remember seeing a picture in a book once.


No comments: